6/23/2010

Another True Testimony / Horror Story From Yet Another Abused NTCC Victim

Original post 3/11/09

This sign should be posted over the front door to a good many New Testament Christian Church entrances.

Thread #4 Jeff wrote...

I talked to Truly Free for a long time today. He has elected to post under the screen name Truly Free for a very valid reason that I will keep confidential. A link to his original post is here: http://truestoriesoflifeinthentcc.blogspot.com/2009/03/i-am-interested-in-having-folks-tell-of.html

Truly Free has given me authorization to edit and re-post his message on the blogs homepage. He will read it and if there are any inaccuracies he will call me and I will change the message to reflect all accurate information immediately. My memory is good and I suspect that won't be necessary. This is a terrible story that needs to be posted with the hopes that it can be used to persuade folks to keep clear of this thoroughly destructive organization; namely the NTCC.

Truly Free said...

To expound on my last post (and this will surely give me away, but I know who protects me) I was one of the only naval officers in the NTCC church so I was a rare breed. Basically, like most of the young GIs they scout out; I was at my lowest point and romanced into the church and got saved. I had no idea what their agenda was until about a year in. I was convinced this was the only way.

My wife and I were attending services with the NTCC in Atlanta Georgia and that is where the real abuse happened. My wife was beaten almost every service from behind the pulpit about pride, and who does she think she is because she's smart. We were hammered for ever being a few dollars shy on the almighty tithe and offering! It was preached over, and over about how the woman were supposed to stay at home, and not work. That is until they found out how much money my wife made. ($$$)

All of a sudden the local pastor said that he contacted Graham and the NTCC leadership had decided to make an exception to the rule for her to work. When my time to relocate for the military came, I was asked by the NTCC pastor, to leave my wife behind for 2 YEARS to continue to work and pay the tithe and offering while doing Sunday school. The pastor’s wife didn't like teaching in the Sunday school so at all costs the pastor attempted to always have someone else in that position, even if it meant separating me and my wife for 2 years. Of course he needed the extra tithe money from my wife’s income because the church was going through financial difficulties having recently lost many tithe paying church members.

The pastor would tell me about personal counseling secessions that he had with other church members in an attempt to discredit the individuals that he spoke of. It was not my business to hear all about folks personal affairs that had been addressed in confidence with the pastor. That just let me know that he would tell folks about my personal business also. I lost complete confidence and respect for him.

Before I even left to go oversees, the pastor said that he wanted me to start an oversees ministry, and send the tithe money back to HIM in Georgia. He wanted me to help him start a group of serviceman’s homes targeting the Navy and he would be the overseer, receive all the tithe money and I would report to him exclusively until the NTCC sent someone else over there. I was a pretty good soul winner so I guess the pastor thought I could actually pull it off.

When I returned to the US I bumped into an NTCC minister, who I thought was a friend, who spread around, that it looked like the devil got the best of both of us. At first when I left I was told by Mr. Abusive himself that if I left him I would be right back out into the world.

Truly Free

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly free,

I am so glad you are really truly free. As someone who was in ntcc for 24 years! (18 of those as a minister), I can testify to all the abuse. It took me many years to finally admit to myself that ntcc could care less about any of us, and that money was their god. I was reached while in the Army in Savannah (1982). After I left I talked to ALOT of people who had left, read many, many horror stories and spent ALOT of time researching cult tactics and church abuse. When I was done I was in SHOCK, yes shock, at all the abuse and manipulation done by ntcc under the guise of doing God's work. Quite frankly, I am ashamed and disgusted that I was ever a part of that group. It took me some time to even realize why I stayed as long as I did. And then, as if to confirm that my leaving was the right choice, I found out that Kekel and others had gone around and flat out LIED about me. That to me was the hardest part, because a part of me wanted to believe that they really cared-- but they didn't. All they care about is CONTROL, MONEY and more MONEY! And that's a fact!

Chief said...

I thought about this topic today and I came to a conclusion about the NTCC pastor that Truly Free referred to. He is utterly selfish. It is a sad edict when a pastor wants to separate a Husband and Wife just so he can relieve his wife of Sunday school responsibilities.

What's also terrible is that this pastor saw fit to seek for an exception to a long lasting NTCC law concerning women not working on a job. I could hardly believe it when Truly Free told me of such an occurrence. Essentially the NTCC owes folks like me tens and hundreds of thousands of dollars for INSISTING that if our wives worked on the job, that HELL would be their eternal unresting place. I guess God made an exception to the rule for Truly Free's wife? I mean, that church was in the need of money, right? Oh, I understand now; NOT.

We would get blasted service after service if our wives either worked or wanted to work. Just like so much that the NTCC does this whole thing makes me completely sick. What a double standard.

Jeff.

Tracy said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere Jeff.

Thanks for the beautiful picture of you and your wife.

I'll get links up later today to your blog.

WWJD? He would blog and warn the world of the Pharisees of our day via the good old Internet!

Sincerely,

Tracy Pelfrey

Chief said...

Hi Tracy, it's nice to see you here. I feel like a rookie that just got visited by a veteran. Ha, ha.

I think I'm ready now to go out and pitch my first inning. I hope to throw the NTCC a shutout. My time on your blog and factnet was like training camp.

All joking aside; I was glad to see you post a message here. There is a need and you and I both understand that too well.

There have been entirely too many folks abused, misused, and used by NTCC pastors. There have already been some sad testimonies made on this blog by folks that I have never seen post before. It shows there is a need for more of these blogs and I salute you for leading the way.

The NTCC has their fair share of info out there and I don't think we can have too many of these sites floating around cyberspace.

Sincerely,
Jeff

Anonymous said...

One thing I want to add to my above post. There are some good men and women in ntcc-- people who love God, love people and just want to do the right thing. BUT, these people NEVER will get promoted in ntcc, because according to Davis, they aren't real leaders. They don't push, prod, manipulate or lay guilt trips on people. They faithfully serve ntcc for years and years, falsely believing that one day God will see fit to allow them to pastor or lead a church. But it will never happen, because Davis believe such people are "weak".

In fact, if you study out the life of Jesus Christ, and try to emulate His character and love-- you will not only NEVER get promoted in ntcc, Davis and others will preach you into hell for not having enough God to manipulate and push people around. They have perverted the teachings of God and the Bible and believe that if you aren't hard on people you will never get anything done. They are really dillusional into thinking God will bless them for splitting up families, ruining lives and harming people emotionally. I mean, isn't that what Paul was guilty of when Jesus met him on the road to Damascus and threatenned to kill him if he didn't change his ways? So if you just want to waste your time in ntcc, just act like Jesus; if you want a quick promotion, then just act like the devil.

Jeff said...

I'm all for it Bro J. Congratulations. You are such a sinner. Didn't you know that Kekel is the the only one who can put down roots. It's in the Bible. Everyone else has to forsake all, except Mike and family. You love your house more than you love the Lord. I heard RWD say that about an NTCC minister during conference. RWD said that his house meant more to him than the program of GAWD. What a joke. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.

Once again congratulations. If you were still in the NTCC they would definitely do their best to make you feel as guilty as possible about that move.

Jeff

Ange said...

You love your house more than you love the Lord. I heard RWD say that about an NTCC minister during conference. RWD said that his house meant more to him than the program of GAWD. What a joke. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black.--Jeff

Yup. The old ntcc double-standard. vicki, little mikey and tanny, they all stay rooted in Graham and build mansions and buy luxury cars whild r-dub and little mikey lie through their teeth and blast everyone else who tries to buy a house or a car or live above abject poverty that ntcc expects of its faithful (read tithe-paying) constituents.

Once again Jeff, a masterful example of the ntcc double-standard hypocrisy.

Ange

Anonymous said...

I am surprised that Davis and his clowns are still together.

Can't the left hand see what the right hand is doing?

People just need to leave this cult, period.

Bush even knew that!!

Bro Johnson

Anonymous said...

Everything I do I believe in. So, it's a shame when others call getting; a blessing, a renewed right spirit, a burden uplifted or challenged for the Lord "brain washing". Sometimes it takes something to be said 3 times to be heard/understood once. Would you read the Bible once then put it down? I'm blessed I have a clean mind now.

God bless you Sir
~Sis. Menz

Jeff,here is a thread idea. This is pushed down folks throats all the time in ntcc. As if them saying something over and over is a blessing,renewed right spirt. Is that even biblical? So much of ntcc so called teachings are jargon. It is said over and over and over. Until you start to think,this is biblically right. I am being blessed to hear this same ole teaching over and over and over. Why? Because ntcc is dried up and full of FALSE TEACHERS! They got nothing else to say. Jargon,rw davis,there is nothing new under the sun. His easy way out of never being orginal,interesting,exciting. Same ole,same ole boring rehetoric over and over and over.

People,that is Brainwashing. Not what Mike calls it.Washing of the brain.
And someone should tell Mike. I any anyone else can call him Mike. Just like anyone can call me April. I can not control folks from using my first name. After being called Sister Michalik for SOOOO long. PLEASE use my First name!

If we are saved when we get to Bible school. We come in excited,ready and willing to work for Gods work. Reach folks For God. But slowly we start changing. You begin to look more like the so called leaders and wive's. You begin shopping where they shop,act like them. Brainwashing. Have to look like a minister or a minister's wife. INSTEAD of having your own style. then you begin to copy more and more. Go out into a work. And you either have to do it there way of ramming it down people's throats and work them like dogs. Or you end up folding. Or like some still trying to make a work a sucess. Been there at least eight years. And numbers are dismissal! Because there to nice!

Folks it is not a blessing,renewed spirit,burdened uplifted,challenged for the Lord. That is JARGON,JARGON,JARGON you all begin to use. To help yourself believe what your living is not a LIE,is not a CULT,is not coming out of FALSE teachers mouths. Once you let that fog lift. You will see ntcc for what they really are. That day is not a pretty day. These people are like filthy rags. Will do anything,say anything to make you think how they want you to think. Very Evil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April

Ange said...

April,

What you wrote is so true and your observations of ntcc's stale baloney had me lol! Keep up the good work!

Ange