7/10/2010

NTCC Slum Lords - Sin The NTCC Way

Written by Angela in the previous thread...

Girl's Dorm #2 / "The Little White House"
The Little White House sits next to one of the entrances to the ntcc compound from the O-K Hwy. R.W. Davis asked my husband, Eric Barden to move in there. It had been occupied by the NTCC Bible School single girls; but with five of them in a small two-bedroom house there was no room for desks. And tanya kekel told me she had been praying for more women to come to the school but realized they did not have room for them in the current dorm; so the girls were moved to a different bigger house / dorm.

When davis asked us to move in, I thought it would be a blessing. Boy was I wrong! We had been renting an apartment in Tacoma; but Eric drove every day to the Graham compound to work on the building crew. Then, every night, I would drive back to Graham for either class or church. Gas was expensive! But we had a nice place in Tacoma. When we moved onto the ntcc Graham compound, that house was beyond filthy! The kitchen (and whole house) had one of those cheap indoor/outdoor carpets in it hiding who knows what under it. But what was worse was that it was so soaked in grease it was beyond filthy; it was a fire hazard! The blind on the kitchen door was equally greasy in addition to being broken with many bent and broken slats. We found a replacement blind at a "kook" - (rwd's term for a second-hand) - store. Then there were the iron burn-marks in the carpet. I guess the girls were so poor they didn't have an ironing board so they had burned at least five iron imprints in the carpet trying to be wrinkle-free for classes and church (which was VERY IMPORTANT in the ntcc!).

Then there was the well water. It was so sludgy! There was a slow leak under the kitchen sink. As a result a pile of black goopy sediment had accumulated. It let us know what we were actually drinking. Yuck! Then there was the peeling paint in the bathroom. Just lovely. The rotted out flooring under the washer / dryer. Another bonus. The hole in the wall (uncovered / unfinished) for cleaning out the stove pipe. Yeah. Worst of all was the mold. In the bathroom and bedrooms the window sills were completely rotted out from mold. When Kitty Luna and I pulled out the dressers to clean behind them and emptied the drawers, there were fibers of green and red mold that looked like the fabric stuff people use at halloween to imitate heavy cobwebs. It was strung from the back of the dressers to the wall, on the wall, and inside the dressers. It was disgusting. Never did use those dressers. Our stuff wasn't going in there. Well, I was wrong. That was my first day there. The worst was yet to come.

Remember the hole in the wall (for the stove-pipe clean-out)? Mice had been coming and going through that portal, attracted by the heat and food. They had infested the place. I took everything out of the kitchen cabinets to clean everything and wash everything by hand. We threw away some old burnt pots and tupperware that the mice had gnawed through. But even though I did all that cleaning and we kept everything packed away, no food out anywhere, the mice were so prevalent that if you took out dishes you had to wash them before using them; and by the time you had used them and washed them and returned them to the cabinet, there would be fresh mouse droppings on the plates in the cabinet. Disgusting. Eric went and bought mouse traps. We loaded eight of them with peanut butter and left them in front of the hole that Eric covered over. In the morning all eight traps were full. Mice were literally crawling over other dead or dying mice in the traps to get to the peanut butter in the next trap.

I Remember one of the girls from the dorm asked me just after we moved into "The Little White House" if I was enjoying my new "friends". I quickly informed her that the mice were no friends of mine! I don't know why we stayed and got played as long as we did.
This is what ntcc thought of all the work we'd done for them: "Let's move the Bardens (SUCKERS) into the Little White House. He's qualified as a general contractor. He can fix it up for free. Then we can order them to work in another place, and jack-up the rent on the place for the next tenants... Ha Ha, suckers." Normally I don't think that way. But davis used to teach folks to watch out for landlords who moved you into dumps, hoping you'd fix things up for them; so they could raise the rent on you or the next tenants. Now I know HE was the one who does that very thing! It's the classic ntcc - talk - out - of - both - sides - of - your- mouth - strategy:

It's just like davis saying he does not match-make (arrange marriages) but all the while he has rules in place that the man has to ask for permission before talking to a woman "on the wall" so davis has full control, regardless of what he SAYS. I think it is davis's twisted way of having "plausible deniability"-(Independence Day movie term). In legal circles it might be called disclosure: He's warned you about it, so you can't sue him for it. (in theory) There are other slum-lord stories in the blogs, some shared second-hand by AXP re. victims Mark (?) Noel and Mark Travato (I think). And one told first-hand by Jennifer Maesner.

And there was the chilling account told by Gary Garcia. olson ordered the Garcias to rent his property in the St. Louis ghetto of Gasconade. A six-year-old girl was raped on the school bus. Gary did not want his little girl to go through that! (Happily, the Garcias are no longer with the ntcc.) I'll bet you'd never see olson's daughter living in that ghetto and riding that school bus! NTCC has many properties in St. Louis that they abuse their preachers with in the exact same fashion as I have described here. Tax-free rent, Paid in cash, with no receipts... and a fresh crop of suckers to order to move in and out once the tenant does the work and pays to get the place fixed up for the ntcc to make more money off of it. What a scam. NTCC slum lords: Sin the ntcc way.

Written by Angela and reposted by Jeff

10 comments:

Chief said...

I've heard of many such stories from people who've been with the NTCC. That is RWD biggest scam. During a conference I remember RWD asking for volunteers to redo that old broke down house right next to the campground. Of course all his suckers jumped at the opportunity. RWD agreed to buy an old broke down church building here in Georgia not too far from Ft. Benning. The building was way, way, way run down.

The NTCC kept Oberhauser here and brought down W. Cantrell to fix it up and that is exactly what they did. Quite effectively. Before the NTCC purchased the building I had called the owner to see what the NTCC was paying for the building. I didn't understand why RWD would agree to the purchase the building with only about 10 - 15 people left in the church at that time. Shortly after that time, there were even less people attending church because Oberhauser sucked as a leader and preacher. It just didn't add up that the NTCC would buy a building with so few members but after I called the owner it sure added up.

The building was a 3000 sq ft building with about 1 acre of land right across from a nice park. Generally a building like that in such a good location (in decent shape) would go for about $100 per sq foot which would make it cost approx $300,000 easy. The owner told me he was only asking $150,000 which I'm sure RWD didn't pay. You generally never pay the asking price for real estate and RWD knows that well. I'm guessing the NTCC INC paid probably around $135,000 or less and this speculation is based upon what the owner told ME he was asking.

You get Oberhauser and Cantrell to fix it up and now you have a building worth $300,000 no problem. Then when the work was about all done they sent Oberhauser up to Graham and moved Cantrell away from Georgia also. They brought Hunt back down here who has previously emphatically stated that God had never called him here in the first place which is why he had left here before to go to Montgomery. How convenient. That is brainwashing at it's best and now the current pastor (Who is Hunt) probably sends to Graham WA what is essentially rent for the building. What a scam. And I'm supposed to believe that these guys are called to go anywhere by God????

The NTCC is no more than a big real estate scam and all these stories prove it. These NTCC pastors don't own any of these buildings and they never will. If I was a pastor in the NTCC I would leave so quick that the black-top in the church parking lot would probably catch on fire from me spinning my wheels.

Oberhauser and Cantrell got played plain and simple, and there are thousands of stories of the NTCC leadership pulling the same stunt on it's non diploma holding so called ministers. RWD is a genius because he knows there is a sucker born every day and I was one of them. I spent some time fixing that old church building myself.

Jeff

Chief said...

By the way. Oberhauser is no longer the pastor in Tillicum. It's St. Clair now. It's obvious that Oberhauser dropped the ball there as well. It didn't take him long to get relieved. If the sorry NTCC leadership would have taken heed to all the stories about Oberhauser on factnet and this blog, they would have not allowed him to be a pastor in Tillicum in the first place.

Oberhauser simply isn't a leader and his record proves it but he was "called" right? Yeah!!! Maybe the NTCC leadership will send him somewhere else! That would be great. He would do more to get folks to leave the NTCC than this blog ever could. What a joke. Boy the NTCC is sorry.

Hey RDUB: If you need someone to get your pastors (like Oberhauser) straightened out just give me a call. I charge $500 dollars an hour but I will save you a lot of money in the long run. I could teach these guys how to stop running off your church members. Ha, ha. Sometimes I have fun on this blog. They probably put Oberhauser in Tillicum in the first place just to prove me wrong. Ha, ha, your plan backfired.

Jeff

Anonymous said...

You know Jeff, this just reminded me of the church in Mexico, MO, I don't recall the name but it is right at the entrance on the way to conference, it has a funny name, I think it is axvausse but I remember that this country church was bought by the org and it had a house next to it. The kinsons were asked to live there but I remember all the rehab that they had to put into. I recall that the sister was commenting about it in a fellowship meeting that the carpet was way beyond anything she had seen,she said that as soon as she walked in the little house she started sneezing and coughing it was that bad and that her own father was so contrite for putting her own daughter to live in that place but it was too late and the kinsons put alot of their own money to fix it and bring it up to standards. As far as I know there were alot of preacher friends that helped with the renovation of this little house. But things are the way they are and you can't change them.........well unless.........

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

I rented ntcc church property in St. Louis way back when, and one of the biggest problems we had was the church leaders would walk in the door WITHOUT KNOCKING!! I'd be sitting there with the family and they would just waltz thru the door-- no notice, no nothing. This happenned twice with my wife there all alone! After that we vowed we would NEVER rent again from ntcc. And we couldn't complain about it, because if you did RW Davis will brand YOU as a troublemaker. I've seen it happen may times before. They're a bunch of idiots!

AXP

LTravis said...

AXP said...

I rented ntcc church property in St. Louis way back when, and one of the biggest problems we had was the church leaders would walk in the door WITHOUT KNOCKING!! I'd be sitting there with the family and they would just waltz thru the door-- no notice, no nothing. This happenned twice with my wife there all alone!

LTravis said...
That's a good way for someone to get killed. I thought it was bad when they used to beat your door down for missing church. Can you say ge·sta·pos.

Anonymous said...

"I rented ntcc church property in St. Louis way back when, and one of the biggest problems we had was the church leaders would walk in the door WITHOUT KNOCKING!! I'd be sitting there with the family and they would just waltz thru the door-- no notice, no nothing." AXP

THAT IS ILLEGAL! Landlords have to notify in advance if they are going to enter, or knock and wait for the tenant to open.

Chief said...

A while back I received an email from a brother who said that Rev. Snyder broke into his barracks room with screwdriver. Apparently the brother had been out to church but he wouldn't answer his door when Snyder came a knocking. So (according to what he wrote me) Snyder used a screw driver to pry back the bolt on the door handle to gain access to the room. In fact I just found a copy of the email so I will type it out verbatim.

The brother wrote: "Snyder was my pastor in columbus, GA. He actually broke into a barracks room with a screwdriver that I was in with a brother from the church. Talk about scaring the bejebees out of me."

Jeff wrote... That is what the brother wrote verbatim; columbus with a lowercase "c" and all. Now that is illegal. Getting a copy of this email to the post Chaplin and or CID would be in order. I can't stand these NTCC crooks. They often clearly believe they are above the law. The brother titled the email, "Rev snyder".

I also was told that Snyder would confiscate and steal mail sent to brothers who lived in the serviceman's home. Apparently Snyder didn't want family or friends to get in contact with the guys in the home because he was afraid the family or friends would be able to influence the brothers to either leave the home or the NTCC altogether. Either way that is stealing and crooked. Snyder is just an outright crook and I'm confident he learned such crooked practices from certain people within the NTCC leadership. That wasn't the only time I heard of mail being stolen by crooked NTCC ministers.

Snyder was also bad about telling some extremely distasteful racist jokes. I heard him tell some of these sorry jokes myself. He sat next to me in a service one time and before the service started he told some of these really, really distasteful jokes. Not only now but even at that time I didn't care for the jokes one bit. In my book Snyder was a real creep. Unfortunately he was somewhat typical for an NTCC minister. I understand all NTCC ministers are not like that but there are a good number and percentage who practice such creepy and crooked tactics. I'm disgusted that I ever followed any of those guys.

Jeff

Ange said...

"I also was told that Snyder would confiscate and steal mail sent to brothers who lived in the serviceman's home. Apparently Snyder didn't want family or friends to get in contact with the guys in the home because he was afraid the family or friends would be able to influence the brothers to either leave the home or the NTCC altogether. Either way that is stealing and crooked."--Jeff

Wow! If Dallas Snyder did that, he could be looking at jail time!

Mail is definitely protected by the law.

But it is just as you said, Jeff; the ntcc crooks do think they are above the law!

Angela

Vic Johanson said...

"I understand all NTCC ministers are not like that but there are a good number and percentage who practice such creepy and crooked tactics."

You show me a minister who isn't using these "creepy and crooked tactics," and I'll show you a man who is a failure by NTCC's own standards. The ministers who are humble and sincere are those who will never advance, but promotion comes swiftly to those who are willing to defy normal human decency. Control-freaks, browbeaters, fearmongerers, guilt-trippers, verbal abusers, narcissists, shameless money-grubbers, and divers flavors of sociopaths are the ones who invariable ascend to leadership in the org.

Jeff said...

Vic wrote...

The ministers who are humble and sincere are those who will never advance

Jeff wrote...

Ain't that the truth. Not only will they not advance but they will be blacklisted and branded as "rebellious", "disobedient", "prideful" and "dissenters". You are either a crook in the NTCC or eventually you leave. I truly feel that there is no middle ground. There is too much information available these days for me to conclude otherwise. It's sad but true.

Jeff